Since within a TCP / IP system transmitted data is divided into small packets, they highlight a number of features.
1. The task of IP is to bring bulk data (packets) from one place to another. The computers are the way to carry data from one network to another (called routers) use IP to move data. In summary IP moves data packets in bulk, while 10G TCP offload is responsible for the flow and ensures that the data are correct.
2. Communication lines can be shared among multiple users. Any package can be transmitted at the same time and combine order and when you reach your destination. Compare this with the way that a telephone conversation is transmitted.
3. Once you establish a connection, some circuits for you, which cannot be used on another call, even if the caller leaves waiting for twenty minutes are reserved.
4. The data does not have to be sent directly between two computers. Each packet passes from computer to computer until it reaches its destination. This is the secret of how to send data and messages between two computers but is not directly connected to each other.
5. What really surprises is that only a few seconds to send a good size file from one machine to another, even if they are separated by thousands of miles and even though the data has to go through multiple computers. One reason for the speed is that when something is wrong, it is only necessary to transmit a packet, not the entire message.